MEED reported that Abu Dhabi’s Department of Transport has received bids for a project management consultancy contract covering the development of the city’s transport networks including the proposed Abu Dhabi metro.
The main element of the contract will be managing the development and construction of the metro but will also include other transport links such as the proposed tram and water taxi networks.
The prequalifiers for the tender are
1. The local Abu Dhabi Holdings
2. A JV of US based Aecom, US based Parsons
3. Brinckerhoff and DB International, the international arm of Germany’s Deutsche Bahn
4. US based Bechtel
5. US based Booz & Company
6. Australia’s Bovis Lend Lease
7. Lebanon’s Dar al-Handasah (Shair & Partners) with Spain’s Ineco Tifsa
8. Canada’s Dessau Soprin
9. US-based Fluor Corporation
10. Australia’s GHD
11. A US team of Hill International with STV
12. A German team of Hochtief, Lahmeyer International, Dornier Consulting, Gauff Rail Engineering and Berliner Verkhersbetriebe
13. UK based Mace International with Australia’s Aurecon and UK based Davis Langdon
14. A US based team of Morganti and DCK Worldwide
15. The local Orbit Geological Consultancy
16. Switzerland’s Poyry Infra
17. A UK team of Scott Wilson and EC Harris and
18. Australia’s WorleyParsons
The metro is Abu Dhabi’s largest infrastructure project and could cover several hundred kilometers of metro lines serving Abu Dhabi island and new developments adjacent to the existing city.
The Phase I will connect the city’s downtown areas with the international airport.
(Sourced from MEED) www.steelguru.com